Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. Plastic surgery is intended to correct dysfunctional areas of the body and is reconstructive in nature. There are various types of plastic surgery, from restorative surgery, cosmetic or aesthetic surgery, microsurgery and craniofacial surgery.
Reconstructive surgery is performed on abnormal structures of the body, caused by congenital defects, developmental abnormalities, trauma, infection, tumors or disease. It is performed to improve functions, but may also be done to approximate a normal appearance..
Plastic surgery has been utilized for a long time. There have been numerous developments and progressions throughout the years, Examples of plastic surgery procedures:
- Breast Reconstruction
- Burn Repair Surgery
- Congenital Defect Repair: Cleft Palate, Extremity Defect Repair
- Lower Extremity Reconstruction
- Hand Surgery
- Scar Revision Surgery
While plastic and reconstructive surgery has gotten to be mainstream and more open, it is a costly treatment. Patients are currently heading out to nations like India to get medications for 50 to 90 percent lesser expenses at the same great accessible in nations such as the U.S.
Why Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is Preferred in India
India provide best medical facilities of international standards and provide a complete package. India is a preffered destination due to following reasons:
- Hospitals furnished with best in class infrastructure and advanced technology for surgeries.
- Experienced and qualified plastic surgeons and microsurgeons skilled in performing the whole scope of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Affordable prices and also post surgery care by providing occupational therapists and physiotherapists to augment recovery of patients.